LeanFT is the latest functional testing solution for continuous testing and continuous integration. The journey from QTP to UFT has been interesting for HP. With Agile, CI, CD gaining momentum, HP was spot on in releasing LeanFT, seeing the market opportunity.
So let’s first see what’s new with LeanFT.
HP LeanFT comes with Application Models:
An Application model is hierarchy of test objects that is related to the actual objects in your application under test. With Application model, you can maintain your tests in Single location to be used across the testing suite. Application model also comes with some interesting features like Tags, Search and Locate using Object Identification Center which comes handy while managing the large scale application models. You can also add multiple child objects to the application model. LeanFT allows you to use Application models both in Eclipse for Java tests and in Visual Studio for your C# tests.
LeanFT comes with Good Methods for Verifying Application Behavior:
LeanFT Verify class, LeanFT VerifyImageMatch and VerifyImageExists methods are few ways you can check the behavior and appearance of your application. This is great as it lets you perform checkpoint-style verifications to check whether your application looks and behave as you want it to.
Steps to get started with LeanFT:
- Install a supported IDE and relevant LeanFT engine on your machine. For LeanFT web testing, you might want to setup your web browsers. You can now spy on objects and run tests in Microsoft Edge, so give it a shot.
- Get your custom framework ready in Junit, NUnit, MSTest to set up your testing project.
- Use Application Models to identify your objects or use Object identification center to spy the objects. You can use Edit mode for modifying the test object properties and add multiple child objects to the application model at once.
var SDK = LFT.SDK;
var Web = LFT.Web;
var expect = require(“leanft/expect”);
var whenDone = LFT.whenDone;
- Check the Object behavior and verify to make sure they work as per your expectations.
- Analyze the results. You can use the ‘View Last Run Results’ from the menu to open the most recent LeanFT HTML Report. You can use the Reporter.ReportEvent method to add custom steps to your test report. LeanFT also allows you to customize reports.
It’s a simple 7 step procedure and you can get started with your first LeanFT test result.
LeanFT is a great functional testing tool if you are using CI/CD tools as part of your testing strategy. Also if you want to shift left by aligning you development and testing efforts. It’s comes as a plugin and is good if you are already using UFT, as the learning curve is low. If you looking to migrate your existing UFT test assets to LeanFT to be readily used and are looking for expert help, then drop us a message. We can make your LeanFT adoption easier.
With Cigniti’s QuickLean, you can full throttle your Agile and DevOps journey as it helps migrate all your QTP/UFT/Selenium test artifacts to LeanFT compliant solution whether it is in C# or Java. Contact our QuickLean team today or upload your UFT test scripts to know the effectiveness of the solution.